A simple one-pan dish that’s full of flavour. Healthy veggies like kale and courgette make a high-volume meal without the calories. This vegan-friendly minestrone helps you pack in protein through chickpeas and quinoa and vitamins through kale, to keep you feeling like your best self.
Serves 4 people with approx. 321 calories per serving.
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 large courgette, diced
1 large yellow courgette, diced
125 g | ⅔ cup quinoa, rinsed
400 g | 2 cups canned chopped tomatoes
400 g | 2 cups canned chickpeas, drained
1250 ml | 5 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
140 g | 2 cups curly kale, chopped
1 tbsp thyme, finely chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan set over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, courgettes, and a pinch of salt, sweating for 6 - 7 minutes until softened.
- Stir in the quinoa and cook for 2 minutes. Cover with the chopped tomatoes, chickpeas, and stock, stirring well.
- Bring to a simmer, and then cover with a lid. Cook over a low heat for 20 minutes until the quinoa is tender.
- Stir through the kale and thyme, cooking for a further 3 minutes until starting to soften. Adjust the seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into bowls and serve.
Try this simple soup recipe after work or if you’re in a rush. And serve with a crusty bread for a hearty working lunch. This dairy and gluten-free recipe is perfect for the whole family.
Check out our Wellness Journal for more quick and easy, healthy meal ideas, or if you feel your meal choices are negatively impacting your health get in touch with one of our wellness experts today on 0300 247 0121 to help book you in with one of our specialist consultants.